The mission of TFCF is to empower disenfranchised low income individuals and families by building leadership through evidence-based programs and housing to create self-sufficiency and thriving communities.
TFCF is the national model of excellence for creating self-sufficient families and thriving communities which have…
- Quality education and training programs
- Housing, employment and economic development opportunities
- Civic engagement and advocacy for responsible leadership
- Safe family environments
- Health and wellness programs that promote family well-being
- Resilient families who are self-sufficient
- Effective family reunification programs and supportive community environments that foster family reunification
- Diversity and inclusiveness
Our shared belief in the mission is the foundation upon which we execute our commitment to the success of Time for Change Foundation. We believe in the following to be true and in line with our core values:
- Respect and altruistic concern for others
- Compassion, integrity and professionalism in serving clients
- Empower individuals/families to break the cycle of homelessness, hopelessness and recidivism
- Treatment, not punishment, is the solution
- Belief in the potential of the human spirit
- Evidence-based programs do make a difference for individuals, families and communities
- Everyone deserves a nurturing and supportive home
Since 2002 Time For Change Foundation (TFCF) has been dedicated to helping homeless women and children achieve self-sufficiency by using an array of evidenced-based practices coupled with a strength-based approach to address their needs. Our programs and supportive services help to assist families and individuals with the skills necessary to recover from the effects of homelessness, addiction, incarceration, mental and physical abuse.
Homeless children are given special attention, as we provide interventions that will set them up for positive educational outcomes. Our early childhood development center located within the shelter provides easy access to computers, books, interactive learning modules, and hands on Mommy & Me activities. We acknowledge it's our role to help break the intergenerational cycles of homelessness and neglect in the lives of these precious children.
Time for Change Foundation Today
Time for Change Foundation is the model of excellence in the Inland Empire for empowering disenfranchised families transitioning from homelessness and recidivism. Our organization is focused on serving homeless families recovering from the effects of substance abuse, incarceration and mental health issues.
Our humble beginnings included one shelter with six beds. Today, we offer three types of housing: emergency shelter, permanent supportive, and affordable. Because of the lack of decent, affordable housing in San Bernardino, we developed our own 7-unit affordable housing apartment complex and have 10 scattered site apartments bringing our total housing capacity to 114 annually. TFCF programs and supportive services help to provide women and children with the tools necessary to recover from homelessness, drug addiction, mental and physical abuse, family separation and the effects of incarceration.
TFCF is licensed for outpatient drug and alcohol services.
In 2012, TFCF was successful in securing grants from both the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to implement Homes of Hope, and the Substance Abuse Mental
Health Administration (SAMHSA) to implement the Positive Futures Offender Reentry Program.
TFCF continues to put into action the realization of its mission, “To empower disenfranchised low income individuals and families by building leadership through evidence-based programs and housing to create self-sufficiency and thriving communities.”
To date, we have helped over 850 homeless women and children in San Bernardino County achieve self-sufficiency!